Script Coverage Services
Each service includes a reading and evaluation of your script.
I accept TV or Feature Film scripts.
If submitting Specs, please ask if I’m familiar with that particular show first.
See bottom for evaluation methods or email me if you have any questions.
- Logline (1-2 sentence summary of your script)
- 2 Similar Films in Plot/Style (i.e. X-Men meets Castaway)
- Half page of generalized comments.
- 2 Similar Films in Plot/Style
- 1/2 – 1 Page Synopsis (Summary of your script)
- 2 Pages of Comments
- Table of rated elements (i.e. Plot – 8/10)
- Final Assessment (Pass/Recommend/Needs Improvement)
- Advice on placement for markets and contests.
- Notes written on your script PDF.
- Commentary & suggestions for your script
- Spelling, grammar, and edit notes on your script.
Below is a summary of the various elements I will interpret and analyze when critiquing your screenplay.
- Concept, plot, structure, characters, character development, pacing, dialogue, originality, similarity to previous films or other films in production, messages and morals, estimated budget requirements (does it require lots of special effects? Will it need a major star to draw a crowd?)
- Commercial potential – what’s the target demographic? Is there a built-in audience (i.e. adaptation of well-known novel, script that caters to NASCAR fans, etc.)? Does anyone actually want to see this on screen? Will it draw a crowd on its own, or is it so good that it’ll get nominated for awards and then draw a crowd? Will it be extremely difficult to advertise it? Will it sell well both domestically and internationally?
- And finally did the script hook your attention from the get go and keep you turning pages?